Friday, November 21, 2008

Lrj # 1 Letter to Antigone

Dear Antigone, I'm sorry for not agreeing with you to bury our brother. You must understand I meant well and assumed that by my non participation you would change your mind and i would have convinced you to leave his body be. I was only trying to obey the law that we all grew up with: to obey the kings' commands.

I see now that the law of man comes into focus differently when it effects you personally. I see now that I was the one in wrong. For obeying mans law, I have gone against the law of the gods. For this I am immensely regretful. I understand why my choice of actions have made you so upset. If i were in your place I would have more then likely have made the same choices and taken the same actions.

Now that I have seen the same light as you, I wish to the fullest i hesitated to be so stubborn and ignorant. I wish i could have fallowed your example and helped you give our brother the burial he deserves.

No comments: